We accept cash, check, or credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express). All returned checks are subject to a $35 fee. You may also purchase gift cards for any amount.
Please arrive 10 minutes before your first appointment, as you will need to fill out paperwork. Thanks!
**All services booked with WAX Nashville require a credit card number to reserve the appointment. In order to best accommodate our guests, we request 12 hours cancellation notice. This allows some flexibility for our guests, while providing a bit of security for our wax artists.
**IMPORTANT – If you miss a scheduled appointment or fail to notify us of your cancellation at least 2 hours prior to your original service time, you will be charged 50% of your original service cost.
Please call to let us know. If you are running more than 10 minutes late for your scheduled appointment, we may need to reschedule your visit. It is possible that we may be able to adjust or reduce your scheduled services in order to allow for late arrivals. Contact us immediately if you believe you will be late for your appointment.
Planning on Bringing Your Children?
Even though we love your children, we ask that you leave them home. A wax environment is not always appropriate for young people.
How to Prepare for Your Brazilian Bikini Wax:
In order for a Brazilian Wax to be successful, the hair needs to be about a quarter inch long (about 10 to 14 days of growth). Please note, this especially applies to first-time guests who have been shaving. The worst possible thing you could do to your bikini line is to wax too soon after shaving. Stubble is difficult to remove with wax if it is too short, so please reschedule if your hair is less than the desired length.
It is a good idea to exfoliate your bikini line – very gently – the night before your Brazilian Wax. In fact, you can gently exfoliate your bikini line every day/evening. This helps deter those pesky ingrown hairs and aids in a speedy hair removal.
Come to your appointment relaxed. Anxiety can contribute to your wax experience being more painful. Some people have found that Advil or Motrin helps them before a Brazilian Wax. We really do believe that if you prepare yourself mentally, your wax experience won’t be as bad as you anticipate. If at any time you are too uncomfortable to complete your wax, please let your aesthetician know immediately.
We do full Brazilian (aka BROzilian) waxes for men. We offer this as a professional service only. If our aestheticians become concerned that you are not taking the services seriously, we will politely ask you to leave.
Men have higher levels of testosterone, so they tend to have much more hair than women, and it is much thicker and coarser. For this reason, men’s hair can be more difficult to remove than women’s and treatments tend to take slightly longer than a similar women’s service. We recommend gently exfoliating the area to be waxed before your appointment.
Men seem to “bump” up occasionally, especially on their backs. If you have a tendency to break-out, we suggest you take a cold shower or ice your back area after your appointment. We offer aftercare products that help with ingrown hairs and irritation. For men, we recommend the PFB Chromabright Roll-On. Epsom salt baths can also help clear up breakouts.
What is a Brazilian Wax?
A Brazilian Wax removes all hair in the pelvic area. We have two options at WAX Nashville: The Designer Brazilian Wax, which removes everything from the front to the back, including the back, and the Brazilian Wax, which removes all hair in the front, with an option to leave a strip or shape. This option does not include the backside.
Does it hurt?
Removing hair from the root isn’t the most pleasant experience. However, with an experienced aesthetician the whole process can be relatively painless. Some women tend to be more sensitive around their menstrual cycle or while pregnant. It is possible to be waxed during these times, but be prepared to be slightly more uncomfortable than usual. If you do decide to wax during your menstrual cycle, please arrive to your appointment with a new tampon. We provide cleansing wipes for freshening up pre-wax.
Can I use a numbing cream?
Yes. We sell a cream called Bare Ease that we highly recommend. This product takes about 30 minutes to take effect, so plan ahead and apply it about a half-hour before your appointment time.
Will I be uncomfortable during my wax?
We strive to keep our guests as comfortable as possible. Our wax artists are trained and experienced professionals who will ensure that you feel at ease. For those who are highly sensitive, we recommend taking 1-2 Ibuprofen 20 minutes before your appointment.
How long should I wait after shaving to get a Brazilian Wax?
We recommend waiting approximately 2 weeks to ensure proper growth and a less painful, longer-lasting wax.
How long will the results last?
Waxes usually last anywhere from 4-6 weeks, depending on your own personal hair growth.
Can I get waxed if I’m on my period?
Yes. Please note that women on their cycle are usually more sensitive. We ask that you freshen up and put in a fresh tampon before your wax.
Can I get waxed if I’m pregnant?
Yes. However, please clear this with your doctor. Just like waxing when you are menstruating, being pregnant will leave you more sensitive during and after your wax.
Do you wax men?
Yes. You can find a list of men’s services here.
What kind of wax do you use?
We use hard wax specially designed for sensitive skin for the majority of our services. This differs from soft strip wax, which adheres to the skin as well as the hair and makes for a more painful wax. Hard wax adheres only to the hair, pulling straight from the root. We use strip wax for some services that cover larger surface areas (like arms, legs, backs, etc.). Our aestheticians maintain the highest standards of sanitation. We always wear gloves and NEVER double dip into our wax pots.
Can I go tanning before a wax?
We don’t recommend it. Your skin will be more sensitive immediately following tanning. Your aesthetician has the right to decline a service if she feels your skin is too sensitive to be waxed.
What is proper tipping etiquette for waxing salons?
Tips are not expected but, if you are pleased with your services our wax artists are appreciative of any gratuity you would like to leave. The average amount ranges from 15%-25% of your service total. This added gratuity will go straight to your particular wax artist, as we do not pool our tips. Cash gratuity is recommended, but all tips are gratefully appreciated.
Important to note:
- If you are using any Retinol products (i.e. Retin A, Renova, etc.) on your bikini line or face, you must discontinue use 5-7 days prior to waxing. You may also opt for tweezing services.
- If you are using Accutane, we offer tweezing services to meet your needs.
- If you have a sunburn or laser burn on the area to be waxed, you will likely be asked to reschedule your appointment.
- If you have an STI, we will be unable to wax you.
- If you are diabetic, please obtain your physician’s written approval before being waxed.
- Our wax artists have the right to refuse service to anyone they are not comfortable waxing. This includes those with open or healing wounds, sunburned skin, overly sensitive skin, or those who are not taking the services seriously. We do not wax individuals who are obviously under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- It is YOUR responsibility to notify your wax artist of any allergies, medications, or other issues that may affect your wax experience.
- Avoid wearing very tight clothing to your wax appointment or for 24 hours after your service. This can irritate the waxed area, especially for those with sensitive skin.
- Avoid heavy creams and oils before and after your wax.
- Do not exfoliate immediately after a wax. It’s best to wait at least 1-2 days.
- Please avoid picking at ingrown hairs. If you have questions about a reaction to your wax service, call us with questions or concerns. For those with persistent ingrown hairs, we offer aftercare products to help reduce redness, swelling, and bumps.
- When cleaning your bikini area, lightly exfoliate on a daily basis with a mild cleanser.
Notes on spray tans:
- We use an organic tan formula that gives you the appearance of being tan. It does not produce a “real” tan and contains no SPF. You will still need to use sunscreen, even when you have a spray tan.
- After a spray tan, you will need to wait at least 6 hours before taking a shower. The longer you wait, the better results you will see. When you do shower, use cool or lukewarm water. We do not recommend soaking in a bath tub after a spray tan.
- Do not work out immediately after a spray tan. Wait until after your first shower or avoid them if you can.
- If you are getting tanned for a special event, we recommend a trial run. Come in about a month before your event to try the service. If you enjoy the results, make another spray tan appointment 1-2 days before your big event.
- Prepare your skin to be tanned. Always exfoliate with a non-oil based soap or scrub the day before. Exfoliating gloves work great. DO NOT use bar soaps before your session.
- Beware of “soaps” that are actually moisturizers. Review the bottle or bar and look for words like “moisturizing lotion” and “beauty bar”. These are not surficants, like soaps are. Surficants remove dirt and oil from your skin. Bathing products that are not soaps can add moisturizer to your skin and prevent the spray tan from adhering properly.
- Shave your legs the day before with new razor blades. This will help exfoliate your skin and the spray tan color will be more even. Make sure that you are removing any shaving cream residue or moisturizer. This can also cause spray tan to appear splotchy or adhere unevenly.
- Wash your face before your appointment. Come in with clean, fresh skin. That means, no moisturizers, makeup, sunscreen, and as little deodorant as possible.
- Arrive at your appointment wearing loose-fitting clothing. Take footwear into consideration. No socks or tight fitting shoes.
- The longevity of a tan is – on average – 5 to 7 days. That can depend upon your skin’s natural exfoliation. The faster your skin turns over, the faster your tan will fade.
- You can extend your tan by moisturizing afterward. After your first shower you can moisturize a couple times a day with a pH-balanced product. Avoid retinols, alcohol-based products, benzoyl peroxide, salicylic, alpha hydroxy, beta hydroxy, malic, and lactic acids.
- Our Norvell spray tan solution is non-toxic and is free from parabens, gluten, sulfates, Propylene Glycol, Phthalates, and synthetic fragrances. It is also nut-allergen free. However, our staff are not physicians so please use common sense before scheduling a session. If you have any concerns, contact your physician. We have not experienced problems spray tanning expectant mothers, but we recommend they consult their personal physician before receiving the service.